World Suicide Prevention Day is an annual awareness day that takes place on 10th September and this year’s theme is ‘Creating Hope Through Action’. In the run up to WSPD, to remember those who have died by suicide and raise awareness, Listening Ear and Amparo Staff from across the country, with our friends and family members, are climbing Snowdon.
As someone who has been directly affected by suicide bereavement, we invite you to join our community and help us to promote our Organisation:
- Follow, like and share our journey on social media:
- Click here to promote our campaign or to raise donations for our cause
- Click here to refer others for Amparo Support
- If you ended your Amparo Support with us but feel that you would like to reconnect then email us at: email@example.com
By supporting Listening Ear’s Amparo Service you will be playing a part in reducing sigma around Suicide Bereavement and raising the profile of our Organisation so that we can support more people at an incredibly difficult time in their life.
Listening Ear is a registered charity and growing social enterprise and our headquarters are based in Merseyside (North England). At Listening Ear (since April 2020) we have:
- Provided counselling to 4715 people, delivering over 40,000 appointments.
- Delivered bereavement support to 849 people, delivering over 7000 Helpline support sessions.
- Supported 1673 individuals bereaved by suicide within our Amparo Service, delivering almost 50,000 support contacts.
- 83% of those completing therapy or Amparo support with Listening Ear report positive change (using evidenced-based outcomes monitoring tools).
Our services are here to support individuals and families and we are driven by the impact our work has. As an Organisation and a workforce we are proud of the difference we make to people’s lives.
With kindest regards,